- Arrive in Lombok Airport and transfer to your hotel.
- You’ll acclimatize and watch the sunset over Bali from the beach before our dinner in a local restaurant.
- Leisurely start with preparations, shopping and packing for the trek. It is a long journey as we transfer to Senaru and enter the National Park. Today will be an easy day relaxing in the confines of the small cottages at our guesthouse.
- We will take a small hike down to the waterfalls.
- We start the trek from the main park gate house. Our porters will be waiting with all our gear, food and water for the trip. The first part of the trek is through farmland and forest and is a steady walk.
- Dinner (prepared by your guides) and overnight at the evening’s campsite at Pos III (2,000m).
- You’ll walk towards Pelawangan I and the rim of the crater to catch sunrise.
Local people consider Rinjani to be a sacred mountain. Here you can take some great photographs and watch the baboons basking in the early morning sun.
- We will descend into the crater down to the lake and reach our lunch stop at the Hot Springs, known to have healing properties.
- We will continue on an upward and long trek to our next campsite at 2,700m!
- Dinner at the campsite on the crater rim at Pelawangan II.
- Early start to reach the summit for sunrise. The climb is a mix of scrambling, easy walking and false summits.
The final push for the summit is across scree and steep. Providing there are clear skies the sunrise is magnificent. The summit has fantastic views down all sides of the mountain.
- We will descend the way we came and head back to our camp for some rest and lunch.
Today it is possible to continue all the way back to Mawang Village, or we can go half way and camp for one more night. If we reach Mawang Village we will head to Sengiggi for overnight and a well-deserve showers and rest.
- Transfer to Teluk Kodek where you will board the fast ferry bound for Padang Bai on the beautiful island of Bali.
- Once on Bali you will be transferred to the hotel and you will have time to explore the area.
- Overnight at Kuta Beach.
- Start your first surf lesson on Kuta Beach. Bali is famous for its surfing and here you can learn to surf or if you are an accomplished surfer, develop your skills.
- After lunch there will be time to explore Kuta Market or relax on the beach or have a go at other water sports.
- Transfer to the airport for your flight back home.
The program will vary depending on departure time.