- Arrival at Hanoi Airport. Depending on your arrival time, we’ll start by visiting the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum and Ho Chi Minh’s house.
- Thereafter we’ll go to the Hanoi Army Museum, Air Force Museum and Hoa Lo Prison to get a perspective on the conflict from the northern side. - Guided tour of the Old Quarter and shopping. The Water Puppet Show may be possible depending on your arrival date.
- Dinner in a local restaurant and overnight in Hanoi.
- Travel to Halong Bay and board our private junk to begin a one-night cruise through spectacular Halong Bay and see the amazing limestone karsts: Sung Sot caves, Cap De Islet, Trong (Drum) Cave and many others.
- You will have time to swim and the opportunity to take part in an optional activity of kayaking or to climb the peak of the mountain for some breath-taking views of the Bay.
- We will continue cruising through the bay to our return point which arrives in the harbour at noon. We will then take the coach back to Hanoi.
- En-route back to Hanoi we will stop off at the Bat Trang Ceramic Village, where you will have the opportunity to learn and make a small vase or bowl.
- Hanoi: dinner in a local restaurant before your transfer to the railway station for the night train to Sapa.
The group will be in 4 berth wooden cabins with air conditioning.
- Upon arrival, walk to Catcat village, home of the Black H’mong hill tribe.
- Continue to Ta Van village, home of the Dzay and Black Mong hill tribes. Meet the local tribesmen to learn about their everyday life and customs.
- You will also partake in visiting the local schools, planting trees and meeting the students for your CAS project. - Back to Sapa Town for dinner and overnight.
- Cycle journey to the Red Dao village of Ta Phin. From the winding roads on the hillside there are some excellent views over the rice paddy fields below.
- Explore the villages of the Red Dao and the Black H’mong minority groups. - Return train journey to Hanoi.
- Spend time in Hanoi interacting with the disabled children of a local school.
The CAS project is open to change depending on your requests and focus.
- Dinner at local restaurant.
- Explore Hanoi and do some shopping. After a busy week you will have time to pick up any last minute gifts, explore the shops and have some time to yourselves.
- Transfer to the airport for your flight back home.
The program will vary depending on departure time.